2

My new place

Posted by Felicia on 11:17 AM

Well, here I am in my brand new place, and hopefully in a brand new place in my life as well. Many changes have taken place over the past year, and most were not all that great. over the past 2 months I have done some positive stuff, and hopefully 2007 will be a much better year for me.

Just a little introduction...My name is Felicia and I am a 32 yr. old single mother of an 8 1/2 yr old boy. (he would be mad if I didn't add the 1/2...lol) I currently live near Huntsville, Alabama, and have been here for 4 yrs having moved from my hometown of San Pedro, CA. I am a youth counselor at a residential treatment facility for girls, and before that I spent 11 yrs as a preschool teacher.

Soooo... back to my new place. When I first moved here I was roommates with my mom. We spent 4 yrs living under the same roof, and while I love her dearly, I was beginning to need my own space. When my lease came up for renewal, I decided it was time to go our seperate ways. I wasn't sure I could afford to live on my own, but I had to at least try. I got lucky. I found the cutest 2bdrm 2 bath condo with vaulted ceilings, a fireplace, screened in back porch, w/d hookups, dishwasher, microwave, and a jacuzzi tub in the master bath. It also boasted a community clubhouse with pool and jacuzzi.I wanted it on the spot! It was a price I could afford if I tightened my money belt up a bit and created a thing called a budget. Those things always eluded me. Anyhoo...in God's great plans...I got it! And let me just say...independence tastes better than I expected. Sure I stress about making ends meet, but I was at a crossroads and I needed to find a direction. So far so good. I love this place. It's adorable, and so me. I feel like an actual grown-up. I have put a picture up, but it's not great. I need a new camera. That will be my next big purchase.
You know, now I totally get that line that Mare Winningham's character says in St. Elmo's Fire, " I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in MY own apartment, and it was the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich I've ever had."

|

2 Comments


Well Felicia - it was nice to chat with you - I hope chat with you again. You have very nice Blog page and I hope you maintain it. I'm often on late at night as my current job usually doen't let me get home until nearly midnight. It seems as of late that I'm getting Monday and Tuesdays off, but that can change like the wind. You're quite welcome to send me an e-mail, and if you do, I can send you a couple of pics that you can see better than the little one on ICQ. Have a great day.

-ALAN-


Ugh, budgets are no fun. But worth it for your own place! It looks really cute.

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.