0

Buddy, Can you spare a dollar?

Posted by Felicia on 7:18 AM
I have had it with this bank! The bank I have banked with for over 4 yrs was bought out by RBC Centura, owned by Royal Canadian Bank, and all of the branches are being split between them and another bank. I was one of the unfortunate customers who has had to deal with this conversion. We were told this would be a smooth transition. IT SO WAS NOT! They told everyone to expect their bank cards On March 9th because the old ones would be deactivated. My old card was deactivated, but I NEVER GOT MY NEW ONE!!! I have been calling their 1-800 # like crazy and spend hours trying to get a live person on the phone. I even went down to the branch several times because now thats the only way I can get money right now is to physically go in and withdraw. I miss my little checkcard. I actually miss the convenience of it. I hate to carry cash around.
Anyway, the branch people told me they have no idea where it is. It's been over a week people...someone should know something!!! I finally got a hold of someone on the 800 # and he said he would send it out right away and I would receive it in 5-7 business days. Um.....como say huh? don't think so...so the conversation went something like this:

Me: 5-7 business days? I won't get it until the end of next week or more? Can you guys over night it considering I have been without it so long and it's really the bank's mistake?

Bank guy w/nice voice: Let me see ma'am, Just let me put you on hold for a second.

Me: Thank you.(waiting, waiting)

Bank guy w/ nice voice: Ma'am, we can go ahead and overnight it to you, but it will cost $35.

Me: (incredulous) $35? *breathe, breathe* (calm, and politely) Can the bank cover that considering all that has happened?

Bank guy w/ nice voice: Let me check, hold on.(long pause)......ma'am, we will go ahead and pay for that.

Me: (giddy) Thank you so much! You're the first live person who has really done anything to help me. Will you marry me? or just be my secret lover? (ok I didn't say that last part but I wanted to)

SCHWEET....but it'll be more like Wednesday before it gets here, but hey, it's a whole heck of a lot better than 5-7 business days.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.