2

Let's get physical

Posted by Felicia on 9:47 AM
For the first time in about 2 years I actually feel really good, physically. I woke up feeling good, and I had a good night's rest, and I am not even a smidgen tired which for me is a HUGE thing. I cannot remember a time, in the last few years, that I have not woken up tired. I yawn all day long, and fall asleep immediately upon laying down. I found out the reason for all of this is sleep apnea. I have a mild form of it. I started using a CPAP machine at night, and while at first I hated that thing on my face, I got over it, and started getting some real rest. Hallelujah!

Another big thing for me lately is that I joined a gym and started working out. 5-6 days a week every morning...and yes...even weekends. The first 20 minutes suck beyond belief, but I actually feel better afterwards. Accomplished and satisfied, albeit a bit sore from using muscles that have not been used since gym class c.1987. Sad, I know.

When I signed up for a membership I ultimately ended up with a good deal, but I gave the trainer/nutritionist/salesperson a run for his money. Normally they give their pitch, a tour, bottom line offer, and you either take it or leave it and you're done in the time it takes to get an oil change. I was not one of those customers. I was with him for over an hour. Literally.

"How long have you wanted to get physically fit?"

"Does elementary school count?" I say smirking.

" Haha! Well, we can certainly help you with that", he says as he starts highlighting my answers to the fitness assessment sheet I filled out.

I watch the paper turn yellow as he gets high off the yellow marker ink.

" Um, you might as well scribble that whole thing in yellow Chris."

" Haha, I know!" he says stupidly.

Then he starts in on his sales pitch.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, get you into shape, blah, blah, blah, "

"Um, well...whatcha goona do for me to make it worth my while? You gonna drag me out of bed each morning, and make me get my ass over here? You gonna remember me and ask where I was when I miss a class? I need some accountability Chris." I say trying not to giggle.

" Of course I will remember you. We keep good records of everyone. I also know how hard this is for people. In my 22 yrs I have seen a lot."

"Oh? You were at prom like, what...4 yrs ago? Haha! j/k! "

" Oh yeah well....." he says shifting in his chair.

"I'm just teasing you. *pause* You're so going to be talking about me to your co-workers when I leave huh? "

"No, no of course not."

" Why not? I would. Hehe j/k again!"

I don't think he knew what to make of me, but it amused me to no end. As I was leaving I told him he was not allowed to flirt with me when I was all cute and skinny because I would have to break his 22 yr old heart. He's laughing on the inside. Trust me.

|

2 Comments


Yay for a good night's sleep (nothing beats that!) and working out like a machine! It really does wonders for the soul. :)


Congrats on feeling great! ... And the gym! I envy people who can actually drag themselves into a gym and work out. Way to go!!!

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.