3

My heart

Posted by Felicia on 9:11 AM

My "baby" comes home tomorrow! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am. It has been 8 weeks since I have seen him, and it is going to be a happy little reunion. I was happy to have those few weeks to myself as it is always nice to relax and do some things for yourself instead of always catering to the needs of another, but I truly missed him, and find myself not so patiently waiting for his safe return home.

Now I am not one of those moms who lives and breathes for her children, and exists only for them. I have my own life too, and I don't see us as one person. That being said though I love him beyond anything measurable in this universe. I never knew I could feel so much love for someone, such undying, all encompassing, unconditional love for another human being. I don't love him out of duty as a mom to her child, but because I see in him all the good things there are in this world, and what it truly to means to be selfless. He makes me strive to be a better person and for that I am eternally grateful.
It's amazing how truly wrapped up in ourselves we can get, and how easy it is for us to be jaded by what we see in this world, but he forces me to see the world through his eyes and to remember that joy I had myself when I was growing up before I got cynical and diappointed. I see through him all that the world could be and is, and that eternal optimism is refreshing in these times. I remember to thank God every day for the small miracles that I take for granted in my hurried, busy day. I look for the good in people instead of the bad, and most of the time I find it. Colin sees the world through rose-colored glasses, and you know what? That's not a bad idea. It's not that I want to live in a dream world, but I recognize that it is far better to be thankful for the things that are good than to always harp on the things that are bad. I choose to look at this world with childlike wonder, and I am much happier for it.
Colin.....The believer of good....The lover of animals...The friend to the friendless.....The lover of funny bodily noises....The child of my heart.
He's not half bad....for a kid.




|

3 Comments


Hi Felicia! Thanks for visiting my blog. It doesn't matter if you are 100%, 50% or even 25% latino, once a hot blooded mama, always a hot blooded mama. At least that's what I plan on telling Jules.

BTW, totally cool about Lola Beltran.


Yay! So glad he's coming back home to you!! :)


OMG, that was the sweetest thing ever. What a gem of a post. I'm so happy you get to see him soon!

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.