6

M.I.C.K.E.Y...M.O.U.S.E.

Posted by Felicia on 11:45 AM
Who's the leader of the club that's made for me and you?


Mickey Mouse!!!

In 2 weeks we will be heading south to the retirement capitol of the world, beautiful Sunny Florida! Wooohooooo! *Happy dance*

Now I am a big Disney fan. I know all the bad stuff, but I just don't give a crap. Disney is fun, and magical, and it tranports you , and just for a little while you get to be a kid again and believe in the fantasy. So all the Disney haters(you know the ones that whine about Disney being a giant money guzzling entity...I Know I know)can suck it. I prefer to look at it from a positive angle.

Disney has been a staple in my life since I was born. Having grown up in Southern California I went to Disneyland A LOT; as a child with my family, with friends as a teenager, and as a mom with my son. I even had an annual pass and would go twice a week sometimes. That's how much I love it. I had dreams of dancing in the parades as an entertainer and being a disney character walking the park. Now in 1992 I did get part of my wish granted when I was invited to perform at the opening ceremonies of EuroDisneyland in Paris, France. Talk about amazing, and an unbelieveable 18th birthday gift! I had a blast of course, and then EXACTLY 4 years later I danced in a Disneyland parade when they plucked me out of the audience. It was fate I tell you. F.A.T.E.! Soooo as you can see me and Disney love each other. BIG, RED, FLUFFY Mouse-shaped ear love.

When my friends invited me and my son to go, we hesitated for like -.02 nanoseconds before we jumped at the chance. Ummm...yes please! So Oct.5 we are Florida bound. Jack Sparrow here I come.

Now so you don't think I am completely looney we will also be visiting non-Disney parks while we are there...ya know for balance and all. We will go to Universal Studios, U.S. Islands of Adventure, Busch Gardens & Sea World. It will be a whirlwind vacation. I can't wait!!! Now if only I could find my old Mouseketeer Fan Club card from 1976. You only wish I were kidding.


|

6 Comments


Can I go, too? It's been too long since I've been!


Oh I love Disney too! I grew up in N. Cali, but most of my relatives were in S. Cali, so I've been to Disneyland quite a lot!

Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)


me sad :-( I want to go too! I love me some good Disney. Especially during Halloween and Christmas.


Y'all are invited...come on!


i just got back!! well...last week, but it was great. we had a brilliant time. and while it's fun with kids, go with just grownups sometime...they do have cocktails in epcot, you know...


I once joined several of the most active forums (for research). The Disney Boards was one of them. I have to say that it was a very welcoming place, especially the gay subforum. I am not gay and I don't like Disney much, but I just got a warm fuzzy feeling talking to those people.

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.