3

Adventures in cake

Posted by Felicia on 8:10 AM
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too....just kidding.(Name that song!) I can't play an instrument to save my life. I can, however, make cakes. Oh but yes!
It started out innocently enough. I told my pastors wife I was going to make her a birthday cake because I just bought this cake decorating book. It turned out pretty darn good for my first try. It escalated from there. Within 2 months I had my first wedding cake gig. Color me surprised. The pastor's wife had told this couple that I make cakes, and since they had not chosen a wedding cake yet that they ought to try me. " But I've never made a wedding cake before!" I protested. "We trust you." they said and they made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. So what did I do? I picked up some more books, practiced my frosting techniques, and 2 months later...a wedding cake to be proud of. Since then I have made many more through word of mouth and such and its been really fun. But now I want to get into cupcakes because honestly, we don't have any cupcake bakeshops here, and well....I'd like to do it. We HAVE cupcakes but they are the usual garden variety you get as an afterthought at grocery stores, and Wal-marts. I want to get on the gourmet cupcake bandwagon and introduce North Alabama to some mighty sinful flavors. Start my own business so to speak. Whaddya think? Now to find out how to get a monstrous business loan.




|

3 Comments


that's such a great idea! we don't have any cupcakes bakeries around here either i don't think. good luck!!


Your cakes are beautiful! Good luck!


Girl, you have got some serious talent. Great idea about the cupcakes, because let's face it, who doesn't love cupcakes.

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.