4

Halloween 2007 Recap

Posted by Felicia on 7:46 AM
Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold. ~Judith Olney
I love Halloween. But it's like you get to the point where you have one too many beers and all you want is for the room to stop spinning and to go to bed so you don't feel like throwing up.The costumes,the haunted houses, the scary movies,candy everywhere. For dinner, breakfast,and snack because you get a little tired of hearing the whining, and really...it only comes once a year and its not like you do it all the time. Well except at Christmas, oh and Valentine's Day, and oh yeah Easter. Wait...where was I going with this? Oh yeah...it only comes once a year. So now we have a enough candy to last through Armageddon. Because what's armageddon without bite-size snickers and kit-kats? Where did I put that bag?

We started the festivities on Tuesday night with pumpkin carving and making caramel popcorn balls.
My son is smiling because I gave him a knife.I'm a good mom like that. He always smiles when he wields sharp, pointy objects. He's such a boy. After this shot I gave him a pair of scissors and told him to run outside for a little bit.

It's coming along. Guts galore.

The finished Jack O'Lantern.
a href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I9nFsYNi8t4/Ryns0SuCqzI/AAAAAAAAAYI/ttoOFm7VXBs/s1600-h/Pumpkin+2007.jpg">

Once we finished with the carving we made caramel popcorn balls. From scratch! I am Martha Stewarting this thing. Respect!

Our kitty Daisy Faye was like...what? food? Let me see! She is all about hanging around the kitchen.



We costumed up and headed to our friend's house to mooch off of their neighbors because our neighborhood is devoid of enough children to do any real damage. The boy was Capt. Jack Sparrow this year from Pirates of the Carribean movie. Arrrrrrgggghhhhh!
He refused to smile because ummm...Mom? Pirates don't smile. But he has good teeth. So not like a pirate.

There are some mighty cute kids out there, and some of the costumes were really creative, and some were just hmm...well.. Am I the only one that thinks that young girls are dressing WAY TOO SEXY? I saw girls as young as 7 wearing highly inappropriate flesh-baring, sexy costumes. What is up with that? What happened to innocence? I blame the designers,AND the parents because hello! They are buying the costumes. It's just sad.
We had fun, but halloween just isn't what it used to be. I understand the importance of being safe and all, and I'll be the first one to admit I am overprotective to a degree, but it's the wackos that ruined all the scary fun from years past. Half the fun was in the mystery of everything. This quote says it best.
Those seemingly interminable dark walks between houses, long before street-lit safety became an issue, were more adrenalizing than the mountains of candy filling the sack. Sadly Halloween, with our good-natured attempts to protect the little ones, from the increasingly dangerous traffic and increasingly sick adults, has become an utter bore. ~Lauren Springer
I digress...it's still a fun time of year.
We got home and were ready to hit the hay. Overkill. I'm old.

SO tell me...what did everyone else do for Halloween?

|

4 Comments


well, i did nothing. but it looks like you had a great time and when armageddon hits, i will know where to find the good candy (not that crappy stuff like candycorn and laffy taffy. someone just filled the candy bowl at work with laffy tafffy and that someone is a bast*rd!)


Awesome costume!

I did nothing exciting on Halloween night. I napped and then did some work at home.


Ren-I agree on the crappy candy. You know those people kept the good stuff for themselves.
Nannette- I loved your costume. It looks like your office had a lot of fun. Being only one of 2 people in my office makes for a dull office party...lol


What a fantastic costume!

Your cat's name is Daisy Faye? As in "Daisy Faye and the Miracle Man" by Fannie Flagg? Awesome! :)

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.