4

Many Thanks

Posted by Felicia on 9:11 AM
Turkey for the girls and
Turkey for the boys
My favorite kind of pants
Are corduroys
Gobble gobble goo and
Gobble gobble gickel
I wish turkey
Only cost a nickel
Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving

-Adam Sandler singing The Thanksgiving song

With thoughts of turkey and pumpkin pie swimming in my head I am ready to give thanks for the booty bounty that I have. I have no cornucopia to put it in, but I guess you could call my life one big cornucopia full of bounty. yeah! That's it!

My memories of Thanksgivings past are sweet and poignant. I remember sitting at the kids table when we were still a small enough bunch to all sit down in my grandmother's smallish house before we all had to eat buffet style because there became so many more of us. I remember my uncles in the den watching sports and us kids playing outside and sneaking into the kitchen to put olives on our fingers to eat. I remember my family sneaking into the kitchen to sneak some of the skin off of the turkey only for my grandmother to scream when the "naked" bird was presented at the table, and the laughter that followed. I remember how all of our holidays had mexican dishes like tamales, beans, chingatheras, and menudo(althought I never ate the menudo. Tripe...yuck!)
Unfortunately with the recent divorce of my grandparents those Thanksgivings are not to be anymore, and so it is hard not to look back and think about all the good times and fun we had. I can't dwell on it too much because eventually things change and we move on, and life takes over where we create our own families and start new traditions with friends. I am thankful to have them. So many do without, and I cannot complain too much because I have people to care about and love, people who care about me, a roof over my head, a job, a child who loves me even when I'm not doing so hot as a mother, and people who read this blog and offer support, encouragement, funny comments, and who make me feel good just because of who they are. So to all of you I do not know, but read this blog, and to those of you who I DO know, Thank you for making my life that much richer for having you in it. I am truly blessed and truly thankful. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

|

4 Comments


Happy Thanksgiving! And coincidentally, I just posted the Adam Sandler song, too! :)


Did you see SNL last night? It was "Thanksgiving Leftovers" ... and Adam Sandler was singing that song. :)

Natalie (Aka Phat Phannie) says:

What a beautiful post. I can relate to the booty/bounty, too. hehe

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.