3

Thy Moniker Is Thy Destiny!

Posted by Felicia on 1:14 PM
I recently read an article about some scientists who have been studying how a person's first name initial affects the decisions they make in life. As an example they theorize that a James is more likely to marry a Jane and move to Jasper and visit Japan or a Mary is more likely to marry a Michael and live in Minnesota and buy a Mercedes.In one study they researched 90 years of baseball and discovered that professional baseball players whose names began with "k" -the symbol for a strikeout- were more prone to strike out than other players. Another study found that kids with names that start with A or B may get better grades than names that begin with C or D. Their findings were recently published in Psychological Science
I began thinking about my life decisions to see if that were the case with me.

1. My name begins with F
2.I never lived in a town that started with an F, however one of my favorite places to visit is Franklin, Tennessee and I DID vacation in Florida this past year.
3.I do not like FORD cars and trucks. But my first car WAS a FORD Mustang.(inherited from my Great-grandfather)
4. My ex-husband's middle name is Franklin
5. My son was FOUR when I made the decision to move out of California
6. This is getting spooky.
7. I have been to France
8. My heritage is French(and some other things, but naming this for purpose)
9. I love french fries.
10. I did not get F's in school though, so that theory is shot.
11. I broke my ankle when I was fourteen.

I need to dig some more, but so far this has been kind of weird. Try your names and think back to your history of events and decisions in your life and see what you discover.

|

3 Comments


Dude, that's too much thinking right now. I can't think of anything that starts with N in relation to me, but that's because I've gone on a stupid break this week.

I worked with a Nancy, does that count? Oh, and I never got an 'N' in school either. Oh yes, I'm so silly I am.

Now I'm off to bed before I make any more dumb comments...


I don't think it'll work for me since my name starts with a J and that's pretty random.

But in the same category of weirdness, here's something:

On February 2, 2002 at 2am in the morning I went under the knife for an emergency appendectomy. I always though that was kind of strange.


FELICIA! I'm so glad to know you have a blog so I can keep up with you! I ask about you through Rachel all the time and can't wait for our next ABC trip! It gets me through the school year! How are Collin and the cats??? And your fabulous cupcakes? Still think you should go balls out with that idea. Later, tater

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.