4

Dreams

Posted by Felicia on 12:07 PM
I have to take this opportunity to brag about my fabulous friend Rachel who was the first friend I made when I came to Alabama. I'll back up a bit. Back in 2002 we were working as preschool teachers. We met and hit it off immediately over a shared love of books, cheesy movies, music, and food and wine. She makes me laugh everytime I'm with her and I love her to death. I'm bragging about her today because she did something that she had wanted to do for a long time. In the very near future she will be a published author! She wrote a book that made publishing editors swoon and they snatched her talented little self up. I am immensely proud of her for following her dreams and taking that huge scary step from safety and security to total uncertainty. She made it happen for herself and soon she will see that dream come to fruition. So Rachel, I would just like to say that you are amazing and immensely talented and there is no one I would rather watch Xanadu with than you. (Mainly because you're the only one who gets it besides me.)

That being said, all of this has really made me think about my life. How many things have I dreamed of only to tell myself that it was ONLY a dream and that nothing would come of it. The truth is that I am the only one that can make my dreams a reality. If I don't put myself out there and make an effort my dreams will remain just that, vague memories of something bizarre and great that gets lost in the haze of waking.
The thing is, my friends success hits home because of the fact that I write things all the time. I get ideas and jot them down, but I never finish them. She did. She succeeded. So I have made the decision to finish what I have already started. I am dusting off my old dreams and making an effort to turn them into reality. Even if I never become a published author, isn't success defined by trying?

|

4 Comments


I think that is a fabulous idea! Good luck.


Aw, thank you my friend! This might just be the nicest things anyone has ever said about me. You rock! And you go follow those dreams, girlfriend! I've always said you were one of the bravest people I know (moving out here, doing a bang-up job with Colin, leaving big, dumb NACDC...)so I know you can do it! I love you!


OH, you GO! You WILL succeed, and when you do, I'll brag that I 'knew' you way back when! :-)

P.S. Can I have your autograph now, before it's worth a fortune and you don't have the time to do autographs?


I swear if it's not writing... it's definitely cupcake baking.

Alright, I think I am finally caught up. Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez... check!

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.