3

Secret Lovers

Posted by Felicia on 8:19 AM
Before the feelings of being down and out hit Sunday, I did have the opportunity to spend a great evening enjoying dinner and a movie with a good friend of mine at our new Bridge Street Town Center here in town. It was a perfect way to spend the night.
We had dinner and drinks at the Scene Lounge inside the theaters where I had a Spicy Mango Martini. Um...yum. So good. The food and drinks were great even if the service was a tad on the slow side. Overall it was just nice to relax and enjoy good company.
After dinner we saw The Dark Knight. Of course. Like I would miss that one. The movie was nothing short of spectacular. The casting was amazing, the performances unbelievably good, and the plot filled with twists and turns that left you wanting more. This raised the bar for what superhero movies should be.
Oh, and Christian Bale? My new boyfriend. Mmmm Hmmm. Sure he doesn't know it yet, but with some careful stalking and well written love letters he will be persuaded. Hehe Ok, Ok....So I'm not the stalking type. Damn. haha

Speaking of celebrity boyfriends....Has anyone seen the Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog with Neil Patrick Harris(gay crush-Why yes Dr. Howser, a kiss WOULD make it all better. lol) and Nathan Fillion? If not, you must, must, must! It's a three part mini-musical made by the Whedon bros.(of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame) and it is pure awesomeness! So fun. It was available for free viewing for a few days, but now can only be purchased at iTunes. You want this. You need this. You know you want to see it.

|

3 Comments


Girl, I sooo already called dibs on Chris. I can call him that because we're tight...

http://www.startingfromhere.com/2008/07/20/saturday-nights-all-right/

(However, my love is fickle, and the headlines say he beat up his mom and sister at a hotel a day or two ago. SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!)

I have seen a lot of movies this year (a lot of good ones) and TDK is my favorite, hands down.

Definitely the best superhero movie, period. I was literally awestruck by it.


Okay - this sngle mom gig is obviously SO much better than this crappy-old-house-resoration-farm-animals-to-feed-business-to-run gig I'm playing at here. Both of you - BOTH YOU & NAT have already seen this movie! And you went out for dinner. With adults. Ah, last night I had three kids with me ordering food to go at McD's following a swim meet. Crap.

As for Christian Bale, I've loved him since Batman Returns. But his accent is all over the place. Finally looked up where he's from since it sounds like he's from about 4 different countries.

As for seeing Dark Knight - it will have to wait till it's out on DVD. We still haven't managed to get to see Wall-E, which we told the kids we would do weeks ago.


I've got a NPH gay-crush, too :)

Copyright © 2009 Bread, W(h)ine & Cheez All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.